Fri, Feb 10|
Club Cambria (Huntington Bank Stadium)
Carlson Career & Internship Fair
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2023, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Club Cambria (Huntington Bank Stadium), 420 23rd Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
About The Event
Join us at the Spring Career and Internship Fair on February 10th, 2023, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. This is a time to connect with organizations for internships and full-time opportunities. Meet one on one with employer representatives to:
- Connect with your organizations of interest before or after you've applied
- Ask questions about the application or hiring process
- Find out about positions organizations will be recruiting for throughout the upcoming year
What does the fair look like?
- This year's Spring Career and Internship Fair will be in-person at the Club Cambria in Huntington Bank Stadium
- Organizations will have tables set up throughout the Club with recruiters present.
- Students will get the opportunity to visit whichever organizations they are most interested in.
Why would someone attend?
Students attend the career fair for two main reasons:
- to meet with a company representative for an internship or job they’d like to apply for
- to network and learn more about a company and their opportunities. You can do both.
The career fair allows students to ask questions directly to company representatives and to make a positive impression on an employer to hopefully be invited to interview. Commonly, applications are due just before or after the fair.
Why wouldn’t someone attend?
If the companies a student is interested in are not present at the fair, they may not find this event to be as relevant. Additionally, while the career fair offers students the opportunity to meet with many diverse employers in one convenient location, the large crowd and extensive social interaction can be exceedingly stressful for some students. If that is the case, there are many other opportunities to network and interact with employers that do not include attending the career fair. If that’s the case for you, meet with a career coach to learn more: ubcc.appointments.umn.edu.
Suggested attire: Business Professional